Purple Butterfly Page

Sunday, March 06, 2011 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi everyone! 

In case you can't tell my favourite colour is purple! I love everything purple. I tend to choose a lot of purple while scrapbooking. I am currently trying to branch out into different colours that I wouldn't normally choose, like blues and oranges. I find this difficult and I am always going back to purples and pinks. I really am going to make an effort to use more variation in my pages though! 

Anyway, this page features purple and a butterfly theme! This is sort of a prelude to my wedding (yay!) because we are going to get married at a Butterfly Conservatory and have purple of our colour. Further more the picture on this page is my fiance and I. It's the first pictures we had taken of us after we got engaged. I love the way that this page turned out! I think it is gorgeous. 

I got inspiration from my slice machine for this page. I wanted to use the word "together" on it as I thought it appropriate for the picture. I have a pack of pre-cut papers in purple, silver and a really frosty burgundy colour that I wanted to make use of. That is how I chose purple for this page. I just chose a plain black cardstock page for the background and then layered on the rest of the colours. 

I wanted to make a big frame to have all the detail centered in. So I picked out a piece of purple paper and then measured a frame of 1" on all sides. I drew lines to guide me and cut it out using an exacto knife. The frame turned out great and I love how it looks on the page! 

I used a piece of light purple paper from the package to put under the fame and on top of the black. Then I used a burgundy piece to put the 'together' on as it is the same colour of light purple. I wanted to contrast that word and draw attention to it. Since this page was arranged so nicely on the paper and I didn't want to muss anything up by moving something, I used a hot glue gun to fasten everything down. I started at the bottom with the frame and worked my way up gluing the outside edges down with little beads of hot glue. This worked extremely well and everything ended up as I had it laid out. 

I happened to have a purple butterfly from somewhere, I think it originally may have come in a flower arrangement or as part of a decoration maybe. In any case I decided to put it on this age as it had a very similar light purple colour in it. Then to add some more decals I used a really old package of rub-on-transfer fairies which also had butterflies on it as well. 

This page really came together, and I got to use up some old supplies that I still had kicking around. 


Jess