Project Life Travel Edition: Around Chipembi

Monday, October 07, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi everyone! Back today with another Project Life travel edition. This page(s) is all about around the little village that we stayed in for the majority of the time. We were there for 18 days. 


I had a lot of pictures that I wanted to get on this spread. Some that told a specific story from a cultural even which we took part in. We had an audience with the chief, who is a Prince in their culture. So it was a big deal for us to be able to meet him and speak with him about his culture. 

I have been trying to use up some of the Studio Calico kit cards up that I have gotten. As well as add more texture to my pages. For the front side I used twine and 2 cards from the kit. That card at the bottom right is one card, it does fold in half, but I used it as the 4x6 card. I used a flair badge that I had forgotten I had bought that says here/there on it. The washi is from Dear Lizzy, the alphas are Sn@p, some Jenni Bowlin stickers, as well as Simple Stories ones. 


The back side has a lot of stamping on it. I was trying to use something different to create a new look. I used a star stamp to make a border on the top right journal card. I was trying to add more layering to the sides of the cards to add interest. There is quite a bit of small layers on this side whilst incorporating stamping as well. 
I did add some twine to the top of a tag. 

All the label stickers are from Recollections and they are great to work with. The writing surface isn't shiny so you can use any pen on it. 

Thanks for stopping by!