Canada Day Card

Monday, July 01, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi everyone! Today is Canada Day here so I decided that I would make a card celebrating that! 


 I used a stamp set from Close to my Heart, and there is a little back story to this stamp set so bare with me for a bit. For the month of June (2013) if you buy one of two stamp sets part of the sale goes to various charities. The Canadian set goes to the Canadian Hero Fund which supports families who have lost members in combat. They in turn help provide monetary support for post-secondary education for children. So I bought this stamp set for that reason. Then I realized that we don't really make cards for Canada Day here so I wanted to! 

I used Stampin up white cardstock as my base, I love this paper so much! You will notice a pattern in my upcoming posts! I also used Stampin up black cardstock. The red paper is from Sn@p, one of the paper pads from Michaels. 
I used CTMH ruby ink for the flag, and black for the pole, the Mountie and the wording. For the inside of the card I used Stayz On in black because I wanted a really crisp ink for the smaller wording. 
I coloured the Mountie in with a couple Promarkers. 


The inside is really simple, just the quote which is from the same stamp set. I matted it with the red paper again just to add some of the red to the inside of the card. 
There is a lot of white and red on this card but I figured since it was for Canada Day there couldn't really be too much of it! 

Have a great long weekend if you are Canadian!