Art Journalling: travel tips

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi everyone! 

Christmas was a lot of fun for my family and me this year! We had a really good time and lot of laughter. 

I am going to start a new "series" or project on my blog. It's going to be all about art journalling. I really want to start journalling about my everyday life and keep track of what our lives are like right now, but I don't really know where to start or anything else. 

I just wanted to start with a post about travel journalling. I am by no means an expert, in fact I usually have a hard time keeping a journal while I am travelling despite my best efforts. 

I was thinking about ways to make a journal because my husband and I are talking about taking a trip. I thought I would make a practice journal. I say practice because I am not sure what book I want to use or how I want to put it together. So while we are just going around Ottawa doing things in town I thought I would practice putting a journal together. 

Some tips that I have found really interesting and possibly useful are:

-sort everything that you want/need in little bags
-bring bags/ziplocs for keeping treasures in from your trip, this is especially useful if you aren't going to put things in the journal right away, then you can keep track of what day they are from
-postcards: these can be used for both journalling and photos of places that you went
-gift card envelopes: can be used to put journalling in, hold items or even hold gift cards in there
-hotel keys, lets you keep track of where you stayed
-hotel key envelopes, can store things in and use as a little pocket

That's all I have for now. I am going to experiment with different books and see what I like the best. I will keep updating this series until I find what I like and what works for me. Hopefully this will be useful to someone else too!